Monday, May 25, 2009

Peach Dump Cake




Well, I've decided to share two different recipes under this heading. I've made this recipe several times using the butter. However, last time I made it, I substituted a can of Sprite for the butter and I LOVED the outcome. I also made it in a dutch oven. Both recipes follow.

Butter recipe
1 jar canned peaches
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 c. melted butter

Dump peaches into bottom of 9x13 pan, add dry cake mix, then gently mix in butter. Bake at *350 for 45 minutes.

Sprite/7UP recipe
1 jar canned peaches
1 yellow cake mix
1 can Sprite or 7UP

Dump peaches into bottom of dutch oven. Add dry cake mix, then gently pour soda over, and gently mix in. Cook with 6 coals on bottom and 8 coals on top for 1 hour.

The best part about this recipe is that it cooks the top layer really well, but leaves a very slightly pudding like texture towards the bottom peach layer. All in all - delectable!

Dutch oven

Serve hot with ice cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment