Sunday, June 20, 2010

Strawberry Stuffed French Toast

 

While my photo isn't fantastic, this breakfast really is!

I made this for Father's Day this morning. It is from another SAA cookbook that I've had for years, but never got around to trying out this recipe...oh what we've been missing!

I set out to try out this recipe earlier in the week and got halfway through only to discover that we were out of eggs. The good part of this is that I learned that there were some changes in the recipe that I would want to make.

Here's my version of Strawberry Stuffed French Toast

French or Italian Bread cut into 3/8 - 1/2 inch slices
8 oz. cream cheese (room temp or softened)
1 cup diced strawberries
3 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1 T. vanilla
1-2 T. sugar

Add strawberries and sugar to cream cheese and thoroughly mix.

Heat griddle or skillet.

In a shallow dish or bowl beat eggs, then add milk, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir to combine.

Grease griddle or skillet. Cover one slice of bread with cream cheese mixture and top with another slice (yes, a strawberry cream cheese sandwich). Dip into egg and milk mixture, then place on griddle. Repeat with all of the bread.

Turn once thoroughly cooked.
Serve immediately with a berry syrup and whipping cream, or maple syrup.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment