Friday, September 23, 2016

Sandee's Super Amazing Green Chocolate Smoothie

My friend Sandee in Florida sponsors healthy living challenges periodically, and she is a health guru.  She recently shared this recipe on a blog. I've tweaked it just a bit to better work with what my family normally has on hand.


A little backstory - I've been making smoothies for YEARS, and my kids hate it when I "nutritionalize" everything (their words not mine).  If you ever come to visit they will share their favorite story of when I tried to add arugula to a smoothie. Yes, the results were a disaster, and now we know... Anyways..

I didn't get a photo of this smoothie because they inhaled it - I present the empty glass as evidence. My husband even asked for seconds and took it with him to work, and asked me to make sure that I let Sandee know how much he loved it and thank her for the recipe. That never happens. EVER. My daughter finished all of hers - with no complaints. Needless to say - this one is a keeper.


Ingredients
Power Greens - kale, chard, and beet greens (can be found at Costco)
5 medjool dates (for natural sweetening), pitted
3 T. cocoa powder
1 T. chia seeds
1 T. flax seeds
1 T. hemp hearts
2 cups almond milk or coconut milk 
1 c. ice

Stuff blender full of greens. 
Add additional ingredients. 
Blend and serve.

Serves 4

There you go - super healthy greens, cocoa powder, and those awesome omega 3 super food seeds that are all the rave - and it tastes good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment