Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fruit Pizza with Sugar Cookie Crust

 

My college roommate introduced me to this twist on a sugar cookie many years ago.
My kids decided they wanted a pizza dinner last night so we made personal pizzas and then a fruit pizza for dessert. While you can use ANY type of fruit, we used mangos and love, love, loved how their creamy texture mixed right in with the frosting and cookie crust.

Sugar Cookie Dough or 1 pkg. pre-made sugar cookie dough
1 mango julienned
8 sliced fresh strawberries
grapes, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple etc.

Roll cookie dough out onto pizza pan.
Bake at 350* for 16-20 minutes (until dough is thoroughly cooked.)
Allow to cool for approx. 30 minutes.
Frost with cream cheese frosting (below) and arrange fruit on top.
Refrigerate and chill for at least one hour.

(*Note - In the above picture I used prepared sugar cookie dough. I recommend a pizza pan with a lip on the edge as during the baking process the prepared dough melted and dripped right off of my pizza stone to the bottom of my oven.)


Cream Cheese Frosting
1-2 c. powdered sugar (depending on sweetness desired)
10 oz. cream cheese
1 t. vanilla

In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar, and vanilla.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment