Thursday, March 18, 2010

Berry Morning Muffins

 

Last month a friend brought these delicious muffins over along with the recipe for my family. I came across the recipe while cleaning yesterday and realized that I need to do better about spoiling my family a little bit.
Here's my adaptation of the recipe based on the ingredients I had on hand this morning.

1 cup berries (macerated in 2 T. sugar)
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 ripe banana (mashed)
2 eggs
1/4 c. olive oil (or applesauce)
1 T. lemon juice
1 c. chopped walnuts


Preheat oven to 350*

In a large bowl, mix banana, eggs, oil, sugar, strawberries, and lemon juice.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt to other mixture and gently mix all at once. Do not overmix.
Fold in walnuts.

Scoop into muffin liners in muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired.
Bake 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.

Makes approx. 12-18 muffins.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment