Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Class Treats - Little Lemony monsters

I love these little guys...they are so DANG cute. By far - our favorite Halloween tradition!


In the past, I've made these blue, using blueberry mini muffins (upside down) and just frosted over the wrapper with blue frosting. This year - Ta dah! I found little lemon bites at Costco (love that store) which had frosted upside down lemon muffin/cake treats.

Imagine that - already frosted on the outside, and I didn't have to worry about a muffin wrapper. I love it when life gets easier!

My kids requested this one - this is our third year in a row since we discovered them, and they and their friends still love (and request) them...they are just SO cute.
The bonus is that the kids can help make/assemble these.

Ingredients:
Frosted upside down muffins or cupcakes
Whoppers - cut in half
Pull apart string licorice cit into 1 inch lengths
Bubble gum pieces, cut in half lengthwise
Decorator's frosting

Note: I found that whoppers stay more intact when cut in half - the swifter the slice.

I mixed together 2 c. powdered sugar, 2 t. butter, 1/4 c. milk, 1/2 t. vanilla for my decorators frosting and put it in a decorating bag.

Frosting glue is the key here. Starting with the gum pieces, apply frosting to the top back half, and stick them under the muffins/cupcakes.

With the frosting bag tip, poke a hole in the middle of the muffin, going down about 1/4 - 1/2 inch, then apply two blobs of frosting to glue on the eyes.

Place two licorice antennae in the hole on the top, and then two whopper halfs on the frosting for the eyes.

Allow to set/dry, then serve to lots of happy little children, and be ready to make them the next year by request.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment