Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

We had a Relief Society (a religious women's organization) conference this past weekend, and I was asked to make 4 breakfast casseroles.
They gave me the ingredients, the pans, and the recipe.  I wasn't sure what to expect and couldn't decide whether or not I would like the final outcome.  I was surprised at how much I liked it - and several people asked for the recipe afterwards as well.   This is a perfect make ahead, feed a crowd type of meal that's sure to please.


2 lb. bag of frozen hash-browns (diced not shredded)
1 lb. ham - cubed (lunch meat style works fine as well)
6 eggs
2 c. milk (divided)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook and drain hash browns.
Cube ham and place in bottom of a 9x13" pan.
Cover ham with hash browns.
Mix 6 eggs, and 1 c. milk and pour over hash brown and ham.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Mix 1 c. milk and cream of mushroom soup, and pour over casserole.

Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered.




No comments:

Post a Comment