Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sweet Potato Muffins

I hit the $1 section at our local Target the other evening - just browsing around.  There I found a couple of simple cookbooks, and as I thumbed through them, this recipe for Sweet Potato Muffins caught my eye.
(It could have been because I'd roasted some sweet potatoes just the day before, but they weren't as sweet as usual, and I was trying to think of some way to use them). 
These came out very moist and flavorful, with a nice crunch due to the advent of pecans.

3 C. flour
1 T. baking powder
1.5 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground nutmeg
1.5 - 2 c. cooked mashed sweet potatoes or yams
1.5 C. sugar
3/4 C. milk
3 eggs
1/2 C. butter (melted) (or 1/4 c. chia)
1/2 C. chopped pecans

In a mixing bowl combine sweet potatoes or yams, sugar, milk, and eggs. 
Add dry ingredients, then butter or chia. 
Mix until well blended.
Stir in pecan.

Fill greased muffin cups half full.
Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Yield - approx. 4 dozen
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment