Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes, Low Country Boil, and Pig Picking Cake

I was picking up some supplies for a community bike ride, a Memorial Day church activity, and a birthday party this morning, and as I was breezing through the produce aisle, an older gentleman stopped me by the oranges and carefully looked over my cart (which really - was loaded with water and paper products).  He then looked at me and asked, "Do you like to cook?"  Maybe he was wondering if I knew how!
I replied, "yes" and he went straight on to walk me through three of his favorite recipes.
Low Country Boil, a Pig Picking Cake, and Pork chops with scalloped potatoes.

I wondered what kind of crazy he was, but since I needed something for a cub scout potluck tonight, I wondered if he was heaven sent, and thought I'd try his pork chop recipe, as well as pick up some spice he mentioned for the Low Country Boil (why not?)

I came home and googled his recipes, and was surprised to see that they are pretty popular recipes - and his seemed to be spot on with some pretty well known chefs.

So, I'll be trying these out and posting about them in the very near future.  As soon as the chops are out of the oven in fact.  AND after I throw a Texas Sheet Cake into the oven.  I've yet to compare it to my original recipe, but a friend brought this to church for Mother's Day, and it was devoured.  I'll be posting it soon as well.

Happy cooking to me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment