Sunday, February 17, 2019

Vegan Chick Pea Chocolate Chip Cookies - No Flour, Sugar, Oil or Milk


I know what you are thinking - garbanzo beans in chocolate chip cookies? Um...gross? 
I hear you. I was shocked when I first tried this recipe and before making a few tweaks of my own. I was skeptical of a cookie recipe that also didn't call for flower, and especially anything that could turn out without using processed sugar which often lends the structure to cookies. How could this be possible? 

Honestly, I have no idea, it is truly magical, and this recipe works! This recipe has become our favorite go to for chocolate chip cookies. I love that they don't have any flour (gasp), I love the natural ingredients, and that I can use the honey we harvest from our bees for this recipe. I also love that the chia seeds help the dough to stick together, and they add an interesting crunch and texture as well.

Place chick peas into a food processor and mix until blended into a smooth mixture. 
2 cans of drained chick peas

Add the following ingredients to the food processor and mix thoroughly:
1 1/4 cup creamy (all natural) peanut butter
1/2 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons chia seeds

Mix in the following:
1/2 cup organic, dried coconut (unsweetened)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs (Enjoy Life or Pascha are two brands I like)

Drop by spoonfuls onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
Cookies will be soft so allow to cool on baking sheet. They will firm up as they cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment