Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beth's Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies (High Altitude)

You'd never believe I found these at my daughter's Halloween class party. There they were, sitting in a large tupper-ware container looking perfect. I snagged one, and was really blown away. I noted the mother's name from the tupper-ware lid and set on a quest to find the recipe. That mother then referred me to another mother from whom she'd requested the recipe. I started using other recipes, trying to duplicate these cookies, but they just never turned out as perfectly as Beth's had. I cornered Beth's daughter and demanded her phone number and then begged her for her recipe. I am thrilled that they turned out just as I hoped. My chocolate chip cookie quest has finally ended.

 


In my estimation, these cookies really are the perfect chocolate chip cookie - they are just a tiny bit crisp on the outside, yet soft and luscious on the inside - absolutely delightful. Beth instructs liberality - when you think they may be just a little too decadent - add more. That's her secret.

 



In a Mixer Combine:
1 ¼ C Brown Sugar
¾ C Butter Flavor Crisco (I use the cubes)
2 TBSP Milk
1 TBSP Vanilla extract
Mix ingredients

Add:
1 Egg and mix again

In a Separate Bowl combine:
1 ¾ C Flour
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix
Add white and semi-sweet chocolate chips (more is better!)

350 degrees 8-10 minutes (I use stoneware, so check often if you use a regular cookie sheet)
Immediately remove from pan/stone and allow to cool on cooling racks.
Note that this is a high altitude recipe for 6,000+ ft. Use approximately 1/4 c. less flour for lower altitudes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment