Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hot Fudge Bars or Heaven in a 9 x 13

My mom used to make these when I was a kid.  Then several years ago, my friend Liz introduced me to them again.  Liz  moved, and I couldn't find the recipe again. Tonight I was searching for a pie recipe, but came across these and realized that they were that elusive, yet decadent fudgey bar that I love.!  I made a few minor  changes, and here's my recipe.  Be warned - a little goes a long way!




Hot Fudge Bars
Cookie Dough
Mix the following ingredients into a stiff dough.
1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 ½ c. flour
3 c. oats
1 tsp. baking soda

Spray a cookie sheet or 9x13 with cooking spray and press 2/3 of the dough into the pan.

In a microwave bowl, melt the following:
12 oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips
1 can condensed milk
3 Tbsp. butter

Add:
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Spread chocolate mixture over top of dough in pan. Crumble the remainer of the dough over the chocolate mixture.

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Cool before cutting
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment