Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Graveyard Cake

Here's this year's Halloween cake


I used two cake mixes - one yellow and one chocolate, and I marbled them.
I used a spring form pan, and a 9" cake pan so that I'd have different sizes.

After the cakes had baked and cooled, I sliced each one into 2 layers, and removed the excess from the top.

For the filling, I mixed 16 oz cream cheese with 1 c. powdered sugar and 1.5 t. vanilla, and beat it until fluffy.
I then filled the layers with this.
Topped it with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting.
I used orange or toffee sticks for the fence posts, strung together with black licorice.
The gravestones are Pepper Ridge Milano cookies, the fresh dirt on the graves and on top of the tombstones are crushed oreos (just the cookie, not the filling), and the black tree is made from black licorice pieces intertwined together, snipped here and there.
Buttercream frosting for the grass tufts.
I sprinkled it with powdered sugar just to give it a little more personality.

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment