Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars

I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest., and it looked pretty tasty.  I couldn't wait to try it.
The recipe I stumbled across however, called for refrigerated cookie dough - blech!  that makes me shudder.
I wanted to see how this would turn out using my own chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.


It got some pretty hearty reviews from my home.
Here's the recipe with a few tweaks (and real chocolate chip cookie dough)


In a Mixer Combine: 

2.5 C Brown Sugar
¾ C Butter Flavor Crisco (I use the cubes)
3/4 C. Butter
4 TBSP Milk
2 TBSP Vanilla extract
Mix ingredients
Add:
2 Eggs and mix again
In a Separate Bowl combine:
3.5 C Flour
2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking soda

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix
Add 2-3 c. chocolate chips (more is better!)
Add 1/2 - 1 C butterscotch chips (optional)
Add 1 C. chopped nuts (optional)

Spray a 11 x 15" pan with cooking spray, and spread half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.  
Cover with cheesecake filling

Cheesecake Filling
  • (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until well mixed.

Spread over half of the cookie dough, then cover cheesecake filling with the remaining cookie dough.  Bake at 350* for 40 minutes or until center is done. 
Cool, then refrigerate. 
Cut into slices when well chilled.  


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment