Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Root beer float cupcakes

My kids gave me a 101 gourmet cupcakes in 10 minutes cookbook by Wendy Paul for Mother's Day.
My kids have really enjoyed looking through all of the photos and the options.
I'm taking these in to school for a birthday and an end of the school year party.
 

1 white cake mix (unprepared)
1 c. root beer

Mix together and spoon into cupcake papers
(I know it seems weird - no eggs, water, or oil, but it really does work)
Bake at 350* for 15-18 minutes
Cool

Frost with Butter Cream Root Beer Frosting
1 stick butter
3.5 c. powdered sugar
1-2 t. root beer concentrate or flavoring (in the spice aisle at the grocery store)
3-4 T. milk

Beat butter until soft and fluffy - approximately 30 seconds
Add powdered sugar, and slowly incorporate
Add milk and root beer flavoring to desired consistency

Frost cupcakes and garnish with straw, pirouline cookie straw, and small white decorating beads for bubbles
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment