Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crustless Coconut Cream Pie

I found this recipe on Cooks.com this week as I was searching for a coconut pie recipe.  I didn't want to bother with a crust so this was definitely experimental.  
I added a bit of extra flour and more coconut (2 c.) than the original recipe called for as it seemed a little too thin.
As I waited for it to cool, I initially thought that it was maybe too soft of a set, but my loyal eaters loved that half of the pie was chewy coconutty, and the other half was sweet custard goodness.  
3/4 stick butter, melted
1.5 cup sugar
2.5 T. flour
3 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
1 - 2 cups shredded coconut

Mix butter, sugar and flour in a large bowl.
Add eggs and mix, then add remaining ingredients.
Mix well.
Pour into well greased, well floured 9" pie pan.
Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.
Cool for 3 hours, then serve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment