Thursday, June 25, 2009

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies


This was our family's favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie growing up. While I can't validate the veracity, we were always told that this was a "Mrs. Field's" recipe.

Ironically, several months ago, we traveled for a couple of days to attend my nephew's baptism. My sister-in-law's friends had helped bring in some treats for refreshments, and I couldn't keep my hands off of these cookies.

When I got the recipe I was astonished to find out that the recipe was exactly the same as my family's favorite recipe, but cut-in half. Following is the large batch recipe (112 cookies) but it can easily be cut in half.

Cream together
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar

Add:
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla

Mix together:
4 c. flour
5 c. oatmeal (Put small amount in blender at a time until it turns to powder - after measuring.)
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda

Mix together all ingredients.

Add:
24 oz. milk chocolate chips (1 c. butter-scotch chips may also be used)
3 c. chopped nuts
8 oz Hershey bar (or Skor) grated or crushed

Bake on un-greased cookie sheet. Roll into golf ball-size cookies 2 inches apart. Bake at 375* for 6-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment