Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Magic Brownie Mix



I was at my friend Tina's house a couple of years ago and she decided to make brownies. It took her all of 2 minutes to make and 25 minutes to bake. I couldn't believe it! The brownies were amazing - with almost a caramel taste on the bottom.

She jotted down the recipe for me and I was amazed to find that it used wheat flour as well. Another great food storage items recipe.

The mix recipe is as follows:
8 c. sugar
6 c. wheat flour
4 t. baking powder
4 t. salt
2 c. cocoa
2 c. shortening

To use:
Heat over to 350* and mix the following together.

2 1/2 c. mix
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Nuts (optional)

Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top cracks.

Note: This makes approximately 19 cups of mix, which is 7 1/2 batches of brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment