Friday, February 20, 2009

Super quick, Morning Smoothies

My cousin's wife taught me to make these several years ago and I love them as a way to get a few more fruits into my kids at the start of the day.
For added nutrition, I like to add a little raw oatmeal and flax seed to these as well.

Banana Soy smoothie
 


Fill blender half way up with ice cubes
Add 1-2 bananas
Fill halfway with soy milk (or any other milk)
Honey to taste
Optional vanilla or almond flavoring
Blend all ingredients



The following recipe uses frozen fruit instead a ice cubes.

Banana Blueberry smoothie
1-2 bananas
1/2 - 1 c. frozen blueberries (or other frozen berries/fruit)
Honey to taste
1/2 - 1 t. almond flavoring
Fill blender up with milk or soymilk

Blend all ingredients


Note, several other virtually undetectable fruits and vegetables may also be added for extra nutrition including spinach, pumpkin, beets etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment